Corruption means the diversion of much needed resources for service delivery and development for unjust enrichment of individuals or organisations. Therefore corruption is far from being a victimless crime, its victims are the thousands of people who need the State to deliver much needed services.
To root out corruption, AZAPO will:
- Ensure that all state institutions have strong internal and external supervision and control.
- Affirm and protect the legitimacy of the Public Protector and the Auditor General
- Take appropriate disciplinary action against those guilty of corruption.
- Free tender Committees from party political influence
- Open tender committees to public scrutiny.